Monroe Clinic, along with our partners at SSM Health, continues to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, employees, physicians and communities.
**Effective Monday, 8/10, our visitor policy for patients in our Inpatient setting will be changed to allow for one designated visitor per day. Patients in our Family Birth Center will still continue to designate one visitor/support person for the duration of their stay. No other changes at this time.**
Visitor Restrictions Updated 8/10/2020
Effective Monday, June 1, our visitor policy will change to the following for both the Hospital and Clinic setting. Patients are allowed one visitor/support person that meet the following criteria:
- Visitors must be over 18 years of age.
- Visitors will be asked to complete a health screening, inclusive of temperature, prior to entering our facilities.
- Visitors are always required to maintain social distancing and cover their nose and mouth with a face covering while on-site. This is without exception. Anyone with a positive exposure to COVID-19 or elevated temperature will not be allowed entry without approval by Administrative Supervisor.
- Patients in our Inpatient setting will be allowed one visitor per day (steps are in place to confirm daily visitor).
- Patients in our Family Birth Center will still continue to designate one visitor/support person for the duration of their stay.
We will continue to adjust our policy and make decisions rooted in safeguarding and caring for our patients.
Visiting process and standards
- Visiting adults will be screened for wellness (fever or respiratory symptoms) every day.
- All visiting adults are expected to do hand hygiene at the point of wellness screening and before entering the patient room.
- Visiting adults will be asked to leave the ministry if they do not follow these standards or wear their mask as directed.