Monroe Clinic, along with our partners at SSM Health, continues to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, employees, physicians and communities.
Visitor Restrictions Updated 11/4/2020
Hospital Visitor Policy
Patients are allowed one visitor/support person for the duration of their stay with the following criteria:
- Visitors must be over 18 years of age.
- Visitors must bring their own food, beverages and comfort items, as movement throughout the building is not allowed.
- Visitors may only enter the building one time per day. Once a visitor leaves, they will not be permitted to return until the following day.
- Visitors will be asked to complete a health screening, inclusive of temperature, prior to entering our facilities.
- Visitors are always required to maintain social distancing and cover their nose and mouth with a face covering while on-site. This is without exception. Anyone with a positive exposure to COVID-19 or elevated temperature will not be allowed entry without approval by Administrative Supervisor.
- Inpatient patients must test negative for COVID-19 before they are allowed a visitor
Clinic Visitor Policy
Patients are no longer allowed to have a visitor accompany them for in-clinic appointments.
One accompanying visitor may still be allowed in the following circumstances:
- Patient whose cognitive, physical or emotional abilities make a visitor an essential part of caring for the patient
- Pediatric patients
If either of the above criteria are met, then the visitor will be screened, per protocol, before being allowed to proceed to the visit with the patient.
We will continue to adjust our policy and make decisions rooted in safeguarding and caring for our patients.
Visiting process and standards
- Visiting adults will be screened for wellness (fever or respiratory symptoms) every day.
- All visiting adults are expected to do hand hygiene at the point of wellness screening and before entering the patient room.
- Visiting adults will be asked to leave the ministry if they do not follow these standards or wear their mask as directed.