The medical education program at Monroe Clinic offers the best of both worlds by combining the resources of major teaching facilities with the appealing environment of a smaller community-based hospital. We are proud to offer both residency and fellowship opportunities that specialize in preparing learners for rural practice. In addition to our own programs, Monroe Clinic offers a well-regarded student program for medical students, residents, NP/PA students, and pharmacy students from nearby universities.
Students, residents, and fellows at Monroe Clinic rely on accessible attendings, excellent instruction, and cutting-edge technology during their educational training which is rooted in a collegial atmosphere. You will see that education is directly tied to our mission at Monroe Clinic.
MEDICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- Family Medicine Residency – Rural Training Track
- Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Hospitalist Fellowship
- Medical Students
- Pharmacy Residency
- Student/Resident Rotations
WHY MONROE CLINIC?
• Rural training focus providing exposure to diverse and unusual cases
• Modern training facility including high-fidelity simulation center
• High quality, friendly and supportive learning experience
• Smaller program size offers extra support to residents
• Osteopathic training curriculum and workshops for Family Medicine Residents
• Unopposed program without competition for procedures and full access to attending physicians
• Extensive interaction with clinic and medical staff who are enthusiastic about teaching
• Medical online library and electronic resources to support your learning and educational experience.