BUILDING MAP in English
Pharmacotherapists are pharmacists with specialized training in the management of medicines. A pharmacotherapist works with other members of your healthcarel team to ensure the medicine you take is effective, safe, and affordable for you.
- Pharmacotherapy is ideal for management of:
- Heart disease (including high blood pressure, cholesterol, or heart failure)
- Blood thinners
- Lung disease (like asthma or COPD)
- Tobacco cessation (single and group sessions)
- Chronic pain or long-term opioid use
- And multiple other conditions
- Pharmacotherapy can also help with the following situations related to medicines:
- Side-effects and intolerances
- Drug timing and interactions
- Insurance problems or costly medicines
- Multiple medicines or “polypharmacy”
- Reducing medicines or “de-prescribing”
- Personal testing for how genes and drugs interact
Visits with a pharmacotherapist focus on the results and benefits of your medications. Find peace of mind as you discuss concerns you may be experiencing with a medication expert.
Most insurance plans recognize the benefit of Pharmacotherapy visits and offer the same coverage as a primary care visit.
If you are interested in making an appointment, please discuss with your primary care provider how a pharmacotherapist will fit into your care team.
You can also call the department directly at 608-324-2259 to make an appointment.
Pharmacotherpay is located on the second floor of SM Health Monroe Clinic Medical Group in Monroe.