Designed to help patients who have obstructive or restrictive lung disease improve physical and emotional well-being.
The goal is to help you experience an improvement in overall breathing and quality of life. This is achieved through a combination of exercises and education specially tailored to each person's needs. Specialized care givers offer support and guidance as you move toward an independent exercise program that you can do at home...thereby improving your overall quality of life.
Participants may experience:
• Improved ability to exercise
• Improved health quality& psychological wellbeing
• Reduce breathlessness
• Reduced anxiety and depression
• Minimize the potential for hospitalization relative to disease.
12-Week Exercise & Education Program
You will need a referral from your doctor. To qualify for the program, you must have a moderate to severe disease diagnosis.
For patients with conditions including: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, sarcoidosis, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, interstitial lung disease, bronchiectasis, lung cancer, pre/post lung surgery and other pulmonary related conditions
Staff educates participants about their lung disease, infection control, medication use and the program. The program includes supervised exercise sessions and education classes. Education classes address topics including lung anatomy, nutrition basics, stress management, relaxation techniques, exercise guidelines, pulmonary medications, respiratory equipment, signs and symptoms of exacerbation, infection control and diabetes management.
- 24 sessions
- 12- week time period
- Tuesday & Thursdays
- Two time options: 12:30 pm or 2:30 pm
- Cardio/Pulmonary Rehab center is located on the Lobby Level of the Hospital Building right next to the Coffee Barrista. Use hospital parking (or valet) and entrance. For a building map (scroll to page 2), click here.