NOTE: The green area on the map to the right indicates our Hospice service area.
Life is sacred through all of its stages, and its end is just as meaningful as its beginning. Hospice care is focused on helping the terminally ill patient find dignity and comfort while supporting the family during the grieving process. Individual plans designed around the needs and priorities of the patient and family help identify the best ways to offer care. The hospice team includes:
- registered nurses
- home health aides
- social workers
- spiritual counselors
- bereavement counselors
Our hospice services are available in Green, Rock, and Lafayette counties in Wisconsin and Stephenson, Jo Daviess, and part of Winnebago county in Illinois. Services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurers. No one is refused services on ability to pay.
Some of our hospice services include:
- pain management and symptom control
- education to help family members provide comfort
- on call nurse, 24/7
- assistance with bathing and light housekeeping
- spiritual and emotional support
- bereavement counseling
- hospice dog program
- consultation with other specialties as needed
- ongoing community bereavement programs
- availability in six counties throughout the stateline area
Please talk to your physician or contact hospice to learn more about our services and enrollment. Common hospice-eligible diseases include:
- Alzheimer's disease or dementia
- breathing conditions such as COPD or emphysema
- heart or blood disorders
Monroe Clinic's Hospice office is located in the Business Services Center, 1905 5th Street, Monroe, WI, next to the hospital.