What is the Monroe Clinic Memory Center?*
We provide diagnostic assessment, treatment and support to older adults who are experiencing cognitive changes such as decreases in memory, concentration, reasoning or planning abilities.
Our interdisciplinary Memory Care Team will examine these changes and the effects on day-to-day living with a comprehensive evaluation including:
• Assessment of Symptom Progression
• Neurocognitive Testing and Analysis
• Neurological Examination
How Do I Make An Appointment?
Patients can call us directly to make an appointment. We also accept referrals from family members, physicians and other health care providers.
For a comprehensive evaluation to be completed, both the patient and family member(s) take part. Call Monroe Clinic Neurology at 608-324-2148 or 800-338-0568 to schedule an appointment.
What Happens at the First Appointment?
The initial assessment visit is scheduled for two hours.
• The patient receives neurocognitive assessment, confidential discussion of symptoms and neurological evaluation.
• The family member(s) take part in an interview for further input on history and symptoms.
• The visit summary and any recommendations for additional testing, such as medical imaging or labwork, are shared with the patient and family member(s).
What Happens at the Second Appointment?
The second appointment is scheduled two weeks after the first visit to discuss assessment results, diagnosis and recommendations for a plan of care.
Future appointments with the Memory Care Team will be recommended according to the individual needs of the patient and family. Our Memory Care Team is committed to providing continuing assessment, treatment, information and support.
*This center is a member of the Wisconsin Alzheimer's Institute-Affiliated Dementia Diagnostic Clinic Network.