BUILDING MAP in English
Our occupational therapists work alongside patients with the common goal of helping them achieve independence in all facets of their lives. We offer proven techniques with sensitive but straight-forward communication to teach the "skills for the job of living." Trained to understand human growth and development with emphasis on the social, emotional, and physiological effects of illness and injury, we work across specialties to provide evaluations, screenings and treatment.
For more information, talk to your primary care physician or contact us. Occupational therapy often is referred for patients dealing with:
- injury rehabilitation
- urinary incontinence/bladder control
- limitations following a stroke or heart attack
- arthritis, multiple sclerosis, or other serious chronic conditions
- birth injuries, learning problems, or developmental disabilities
- mental health or behavioral problems including Alzheimer's, schizophrenia, and post-traumatic stress
- problems with substance abuse or eating disorders
- burns, spinal cord injuries, or amputations
- vision or cognitive problems that threaten the ability to drive
Therapy services are located inthe Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Center located on the lobby level of the Hospital building on Monroe Clinic's main campus.